Shopify or WordPress, which is better for eCommerce? This might be a question you would love to know the answer to. Don’t worry many business owners find themselves asking the same question.
Notch Solutions provides website design and development for businesses large and small. But the right solution for you, might not be the right solution for the next person. Shopify is specifically designed to be user-friendly and allows merchants to build and launch their own online stores.
Below we will discuss 8 reasons Shopify is the right software for you if you plan to run an online store.
1) Shopify provides a free SSL. However with WordPress, you’ll need to purchase an SSL or select a hosting company that offers one for Free.
2) Shopify provides a free CDN. With WordPress, you need to use / pay for a 3rd party CDN (Content Delivery Network or CDN = data is served up faster to website visitors and improves performance).
3) Shopify is 100% PCI compliant and takes all the burden off you. Below is the average cost of NOT being PCI compliant.
Here is a quick Google search to show you that WordPress/WooCommerce is not PCI compliant by default.
4) Shopify is a hosted solution that you have complete control of. With WordPress, you will need to host your website and maintain that server.
5) Shopify updates are done automatically. WordPress requires a developer to do monthly or at least quarterly updates. This is a huge added expense to you. We typically charge anywhere from $200 to $500 per update if done regularly.
6) Shopify offers 24/7 support. WordPress does not offer support which means you will be tied to a developer (or yourself) for virtually everything.
7) Shopify is secure and does not require the use of security applications like WordPress does. However, you can always pay for something like Securi and/or Wordfence.
8) Training people to use the Shopify admin has a substantially smaller learning curve than WordPress.
WordPress for Informational Websites
The list really does go on and on, but this doesn’t mean WordPress doesn’t have its place in the world of websites. However, WordPress is a great solution for informational websites. WordPress might be a good fit for you if you want to present the world with a gorgeous website without selling products online.
Moreover, you should always consult with a professional before making drastic decisions if you are planning to switch platforms. There is so much to consider when it comes to SEO and making sure your rankings don’t suffer.